Shop Cover



I was recently asked to draw the fall "London Fashion" issue cover for Shop magazine.  This was the first fashion illustration I've ever done, so it was a pretty interesting assignment.  The AD laid out the concept of having giant models walking down Oxford High Street in London, which is the shopping/fashion district for the city.

I had to rely on some pretty vague photo reference for the area that I pulled from web searches. Most of them weren't the most ideal angles for drawing gigantic figures but I managed to find a few that would work.  The fashion in the piece was drawn from a few recent collections but I had to play around with some of the colors and details.  



The final was meant to vaguely resemble the old british railroad posters from the 1930s.  It was by chance that I happen to be looking at them extensively when this job came around.